Sunday, March 11, 2012

Morning smoothie


I begin every day with a green smoothie. This is a new thing that I have been doing as part of my effort to live a healthier life. It has all fresh ingredients, is delicious and hydrating. Serve it in a pretty glass. I am sipping one as we speak. For some of you, don't let the ingredients fool you. It is really sweet and yummy and I really encourage you to try it. See my recipe below. Enjoy and I hope you are having a great weekend!


Green Smoothie
(all FRESH ingredients)

Spinach
Romain lettuce
1ripe banana
one honey crisp apple or 1 cup (approx.) chopped pineapple
low-fat yogurt (optional)

I make mine without the yogurt.  Fill the blender (or food processor) with fresh spinach, 1/2-1 cup of shredded Romain lettuce and 1/2 cup water mixed with crushed ice. If using blender grind until very smooth. Add the apple or pineapple or both if desired. Grind again until very smooth. Serve and enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment